Successfully achieving what’s important to you is both inward- and outer- focused work. Your actions and plans matter. And so does your mindset, energy, and inner dialogue.
Whether your goals are outcome-focused or about personal change / transformation, the following ideas will support you in getting there.
- Do you feel energized when you think about working towards your goal(s)? If not, either modify your approach or change your goal.
- Tracking your progress towards your goals will keep them top of mind.
- Clarity on how each or your goals is a positive force in your life will help you keep momentum.
- You are more likely to stick with your goals if you focus on the journey rather than the outcome.
- We are all our own worst enemies when it comes to achieving our goals. How are you in your own way?
- You must believe you can achieve your goals. Otherwise, you’re defeated before you begin.
- Make sure your goals are measurable. It’s virtually impossible to put action around vagueness.
- Visualize both the outcome and the process of achieving your goals.
- Be sure you have written action steps for each of your goals and incorporate them into your daily calendar.
- When you are clear on what you want and truly committed, the universe conspires to make it happen. Are you both?
- If you can visualize yourself taking actions towards your goals, you’ll be more likely to actually take the actions.
- When you commit to your goals out loud and in front of other people, you’ve just given your goals a big boost.
- Exhaustion and stress won’t help you succeed with your goals and resolutions. Self-care will. Practice it daily.
- Be sure you have a timeline and clear action steps for your goals/resolutions Without both, you’ll stay stuck.
- Words create new realities. Articulate your goals, the steps to get there and how you’ll incorporate those steps into your life.
- Beliefs become self-fulfilling prophecies. Believe in your goals and your ability to achieve them and you will be successful.
- Goals are a tool to concentrate your focus and move you in the direction you want to go. Stay present with your journey.
Which ones most resonate with you? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences!